COSTUMED FIGURE DRAWING ● KEVIN CHEN
In this intensive workshop participants will gain a working knowledge of drawing costumed characters, the use of line, mass and form in drawing, and an understanding of “costume.
Fundamentals ● Intermediate ● Advanced
Basic human anatomy & proportions knowledge and some drawing experience.
REQUIRED TOOLS & MATERIALS
* Smooth Newsprint pad (18″ x 24″)
* Drawing board with clips (slightly larger than 18” x 24”)
* 4 Kimberly 9xxB Graphite pencil (preferred) or 4 Conte Paris pencil (Pierre Noire HB
* Kneaded Eraser
* Razor blade (for pencil sharpening)
* Rough sandpaper (for pencil sharpening)
* Pen & Sketchbook for note taking. No larger than 8.5” x 11” (something easy to carry)
Kevin Chen, born in Taipei (Taiwan), is a freelance concept artist working in the animation, game and film industry. He graduated from Art Center College of Design (BFA in Illustration) and has been working for various studios on projects such as “Hunchback of Notre Dame”, “Medal of Honor: Frontline”, “Call of Duty”, “Guild Wars”, “9”, “Bulletstorm”, “Suckerpunch”, “Men in Black 3”, “Lost Planet 3”, “The Seventh Son”, “Ender’s Game” and “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 & 2”.
Besides his character & costume design work, he is also the founder of Concept Design Academy in Pasadena, California, where he teaches figure drawing and character design.
Saturday, June 04th
- Day 1 - Morning
- Day 1 - Afternoon
Sunday, June 05th
- Day 2 - Morning
- Day 2 - Afternoon
Monday, June 06th
- Day 3 - Morning
- Day 3 - Afternoon