ANIMAL DRAWING ● JOE WEATHERLY
Come and learn animal drawing and morphology.
In this intensive “Animal Drawing” course with Joe Weatherly, the emphasis will be on learning to draw animals by understanding action, analyzing form, construction and simplified anatomy.
We will focus on four main animal groups: equine, canine, bovine and feline. These will form the basis for learning to draw any animal. We’ll learn to draw from the inside out, acquiring a working knowledge of the skeleton and the main muscle groups.
Fundamental ● Intermediate ● Advanced
Have a solid foundation in drawing.
> Coming Soon
Joe Weatherly is a Southern California-based artist specializing in drawing and painting animals.
He has published several books (“Weatherly Guide to Drawing Animals”, “Animal Essence the Art of Joe Weatherly”, “Animal Nature”, and “The Joe Weatherly Sketchbook” volume 1 and 2). Joe Weatherly teaches drawing part-time and counts Nickelodeon Animation, Dreamworks Feature Animation, Anatomy Tools, Universal Studios, Art Center, Laguna College of Art and Design and Chapman University among his clients. He has also taken courses in animal anatomy and drawing (London, Paris, New York,….).
Joe Weatherly is a charter member of the Society of Animal Artists and holds an M.F.A. in illustration from California State University Fullerton. He has also exhibited his oil paintings at Ford Motor Companies headquarters, California State University Fullerton and Galerie Daniel Maghen in Paris.
His drawings and paintings are in private collections in Europe and North America. Joe is passionate about nature conservation and hopes his work will inspire people to protect it and promote its survival.
Monday, January 08th, 2024
- Day - 1
- Introduction to animal drawing and basic principles.
Tuesday, January 09th, 2024
- Day - 2
- Equine. Introduction, skeletal structure, proportions, construction.
Wednesday, January 10th, 2024
- Day - 3
- Equine. More construction, basic anatomy, heads, features, parts, etc...
Thursday, January 11th, 2024
- Day - 4
- Canine. Introduction, skeletal structure, proportions, construction.
Friday, January 12th, 2024
- Day - 5
- Canine. More construction, basic anatomy, heads, features, parts, etc...
Monday, January 15th, 2024
- Day - 6
- Cattle. Intro, skeletal structure, proportions, construction.
Tuesday, January 16th, 2024
- Day - 7
- Cattle. More construction, basic anatomy, heads, features, parts, etc...
Wednesday, January 17th, 2024
- Day - 8
- Feline. Intro, skeletal structure, proportions, construction.
Thursday, January 18th, 2024
- Day - 9
- Feline. More construction, basic anatomy, heads, features, parts, etc...
Friday, January 19th, 2024
- Day - 10
- Weather permitting, drawings at the Zoo or skeleton sketches at the Jardin Des Plantes paleontology museum.